Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"An amazing experience"

74 DAYS UNTIL HORSETHIEF RESERVOIR GRAND OPENING!

Some of our campers attend resident camp for the first time as teens. In Sean's case, his first YMCA Camp experience was as a Leader-in-Training (LIT); in subsequent years, he advanced to Counselor-in-Training and Assistant Counselor. Here's what he had to say about his four years with YMCA Camp:

I found out about Y Camp through my best friend, Michael. He said how much fun it was to be a camper and how much he enjoyed the counselors. As I drove up with Michael and his brother and sister, all three of them talked about their favorite counselors and their best experiences. I knew I would have the time of my life up at camp.

As I arrived in Pilgrim Cove for the first time, I was shocked to see how many kids there were. As I walked over, so many campers and staff were willing to accept me and welcome me into this new place.

The camp was an amazing experience. There were so many activities to choose from, and so many people who were there for the same reason — to have fun and meet new people.

I love being a mentor and someone for the kids to look up to. Camp has really allowed me to find myself and learn who I am and what I want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment