Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dispatches from Y Camp: Noah

During this historic Grand Opening year at YMCA Camp: Horsethief Reservoir, we are asking campers and staffers to share their experiences with parents, camp alumni, prospective campers and other blog readers. Today, 10-year-old Noah gives us a glimpse into his day at camp:

What was your favorite thing you did yesterday at camp?
I liked playing Cougar Hunt because we had to sneak around all of the other activities without being seen. I also liked being with all the other campers because I got to meet new people.

Did you try something new yesterday?
I had never been rock climbing before camp, and now I know a lot about it. I know different climbing techniques, different types of climbing, how to tie climbing knots and how to use climbing gear correctly.

What's one thing you learned about yourself or others today at camp?
Rock climbing helped me learn how to trust myself and others, and it gave me a lot of self confidence. I also learned a lot about wilderness, like how to purify water, build shelters and take care of the environment. I made a lot of friends, too.

Anything else you'd like to share?
There are a lot of choices at camp, too. We could swim or kayak or ride bikes. I really like it a lot here. It's a great experience and one of the most fun things I have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment