Friday, August 20, 2010

Dispatches from Y Camp: Rob

During this historic Grand Opening year at YMCA Camp: Horsethief Reservoir, we are asking campers and staffers to share their experiences with parents, camp alumni, prospective campers and other blog readers. Today, Youth Camp leadership staffer Rob of Moscow tells us about his day.

What was your favorite thing you did yesterday at camp?
I took some campers out and did a team-building exercise. When they succeeded at accomplishing their task, I was so proud.

Did you try something new yesterday?
I don't usually get a cabin being leadership staff, so this is almost like a new experience. I love getting one-on-one with campers.

What's one thing you learned about yourself or others today at camp?
I learned that once you have been a counselor, you will always be a counselor, regardless of your job title.

No comments:

Post a Comment