Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Becoming an LIT was a valuable experience"

25 DAYS UNTIL HORSETHIEF RESERVOIR GRAND OPENING!

Many of YMCA Camp's leaders rise up through the ranks, starting on their journey as youth campers and continuing on through Teen Camp and our multiple levels of leadership camp. Hattie is one of them. Here is her story.

Becoming a Leader-in-Training was a valuable experience, partly because it taught me more leadership, but mostly because I was exposed to many people with issues that I had never encountered. I watched and learned how those problems were dealt with.

Last year was my first time being an assistant counselor. It was a blast and a half. All of my campers were really chill and got along very well. I learned how to balance being a friend and a leader to them.

I have grown and evolved so much since attending Y Camp for the first time eight years ago. I have grown into a leader and been exposed to many different things. Y Camp has definitely made an impact on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment