Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A testimonial from a YMCA Camp Leader-in-Training

32 DAYS UNTIL HORSETHIEF RESERVOIR GRAND OPENING!

Brenna, a high school sophomore and second-year volunteer counselor at YMCA Camp, recently shared with us what the Leader-in-Training (LIT) resident camp did for her:

Through the Leader-in-Training program, I was able to have an incredible experience with kids who had similar goals as me. 

We all wanted to learn how to be a leader and how to work well with others. I was able to connect with others my age who I probably never would have spoken to otherwise. Because of LIT, I was inspired to interview for a spot in my school’s communication leadership class. 

Through the skills I learned at YMCA Camp, I was able to portray a confident self image that not only others saw, but I saw in myself, too.  The LIT and communication leadership programs have encouraged me to continue putting my leadership skills to good use and to keep giving back to others.

Learn more about LIT and other leadership camps available at Horsethief Reservoir this summer HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment