Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"In those first 10 minutes, I had already bonded with them"

45 DAYS UNTIL HORSETHIEF RESERVOIR GRAND OPENING!

Britany first went to YMCA Resident Camp when she was 8, and she fondly remembers the experience from the moment she checked in at the Downtown Family YMCA and met her counselors:

In those first 10 minutes, I had already bonded with them. Same with the campers. The bus ride up, I sat next to a girl who I became good friends with for that whole week.

I was in love with camp that first day, but the second day was when all the fun really happened and I got to go to my Camptivities. We did camp store, campfire and all the way fun things that make me come back every year. When it was over that first year, I was so sad but had gathered so much knowledge about how to be caring and open to everyone, how to be myself and know that it is okay to be me.

The following summers, I gained more and more insight into life values. Then as an LIT, I really learned more in-depth about how to become a leader and what it takes. The values I learned at Y Camp I will be able to use my whole life and put into any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment